Our Mission and Roles
The League of Women Voters is a Nonpartisan
political organization encouraging informed and active participation in government. It influences public policy through education and advocacy. We never support or oppose any political party or candidate.
The League of Women Voters has two separate and distinct roles.
- Voters Service - Citizen Education: we present unbiased nonpartisan information about elections, the voting process, and issues.
- Action and Advocacy: we are also nonpartisan, but, after study, we use our positions to advocate for or against particular policies in the public interest.
To conduct our voter service and citizen education activities, we use funds from our Arizona League of Women Voters Education Fund, which is a 501(c)(3) corporation, a nonprofit educational organization. The League of Women Voters, a membership organization, conducts action and advocacy and is a nonprofit 501(c)(4) corporation.
LWV OF GREATER TUCSON OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS
(July to June fiscal year - 2 yr. terms)
- President - Freda Johnson (2016-2018)
- President Elect - TBA (2017-2018)
- Secretary - Mary Elizabeth Pollard (2017-2018)*
- Treasurer - David Horr (2017-2019)
- Voter Service - Mary Hudson (2017-2019)
- Voter Editor - Judy Bowser(2017-2018)*
- Communications - Bev Kloehn - (2016-2018)
- Membership - Vivian Harte (2017-2019)
- Observer Corps - Myra Hopper (2017-2018)
- New Member Orientations - Pat Wiedhopf (2017-2018)
- Nominating Committee Chair - Carol West (2017-2018)
- Office Manager - Trish O'Flaherty (2017-2018)
- Director - Advocacy - Brenda Goldsmith (2017-2019)
- Director - Governance - Jennifer Lohse (2017-2019)
- Director - Environmental Issues - Carol Shearer (2017-2019)
- At Large - Linda Arzoumanian (2016-2018)
. * filling second year of unexpired term of prior officer or director
OFFBOARD COMMITTEE CHAIRS 2017-2018 (Appointed for One Year)
- Development - Carol West
- Running and Winning - Phylis Carnahan
- Human Trafficking - Joan Kaltsas
- Hospitality - Sue Girardeau
- Book Club - Mary Gresham
- Membership Roster Manager - Floy Parkhill
- Facebook - Patsy Frannea
- Website - TBD
LWVGT UNIT CHAIRS 2017-2018
- Eastside - Phylis Carnahan
- Green Valley - Sue Girardeau
- Midtown - Janice Murphy
- Midtown Evening - Ronnie Mullen
- Northwest - Judy Moll
See our calendar for meeting dates, times, topics and locations.
See a List and Descriptions of Our Committees
Partners and Supporters
See our List
Bylaws for LWVGT
History of the League of Women Voters
Members Web Site
Business type information of interest for local Members LWVGT Members Web Site