Office Manager is Kathy Aros; her email is desktop at lwvgt dot com (use the proper email address format) or call her at the office at (520) 327-7652.
OFFICE VOLUNTEER COMMITTEE
The League of Women Voters of Greater Tucson maintains a small office space with a meeting room. See our Contact Us web page (contact us)
for office location. The office is open and staffed by LWVGT members from mid-August to the first week of June, from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM, Monday through Friday. It is closed on legal holidays, a few weeks over Christmas & New Year's and for LWVGT special events. See the Calendar of Events for specific dates.
The office is the League's central command post. So, what are the responsibilities of office volunteers?
- Answer the phone. Volunteers often are the first contact with the public and potential new members.
- Check the office phone voice mailbox, computer emails and delivered postal mail. Respond to inquiries when possible or forward to the appropriate board member or committee chairperson for follow-up.
- Receive and record reservations for League events.
- Speak with visitors who come into the office; provide assistance and/or requested materials.
- Assist with special projects including, printing and/or assembling program materials.
Office volunteers should be friendly and able to answer questions about the League, its programs and/or materials from the public or League members or direct questions/requests to an appropriate source. Basic computer skills and ability to use the office printer & copier. A positive attitude and a willingness to help others is important.
League members interested in volunteering to staff the office should contact the office manager at (520) 327-7652 or by email at League at LWVGT dot org (use the proper email address format).
POF 07/27/2017 (old address removed 12-29-18)